php is changing 7.2 gives errors [SOLVED]

Started by JohnDory, November 12, 2018, 08:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnDory

PHP has been updated, now we have to use v7.2 and get the following errors [24-Oct-2018 17:57:09 UTC][24-Oct-2018 17:57:10 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; VSPParserWET has a deprecated constructor in /home/harry/public_html/et/stats/hh/vsp-wet.php on line 2

[24-Oct-2018 17:57:10 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant UTC - assumed 'UTC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/harry/public_html/et/stats/hh/vsp.php on line 401

Any chance of a fix ?

JohnDory

Anyone any idea's how to fix it ?
if not we'll have to find another stats system.

Krillin

Quote from: JohnDory on November 12, 2018, 08:20:44 AM
PHP has been updated, now we have to use v7.2 and get the following errors [24-Oct-2018 17:57:09 UTC][24-Oct-2018 17:57:10 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; VSPParserWET has a deprecated constructor in /home/harry/public_html/et/stats/hh/vsp-wet.php on line 2

[24-Oct-2018 17:57:10 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant UTC - assumed 'UTC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/harry/public_html/et/stats/hh/vsp.php on line 401

Any chance of a fix ?
Sorry or the delay. But the error messages you are showing here are NOT critical to the functionality of the engine. The error message is just a warning of a depreciated (soon to be disabled) function. I will look into the issue. Thank you for the information.

Krillin

Krillin

Quote from: JohnDory on December 07, 2018, 04:24:15 PM
Anyone any idea's how to fix it ?
if not we'll have to find another stats system.

I am happy to report that I am currently working on this issue to come out with the v0.49 release. Sorry this has taken so long, but upgrading my install was more of a problem.

Look for the update with this fix very soon.

Best Regards,
Krillin

Krillin

Quote from: Krillin on December 13, 2018, 08:32:11 AM
Quote from: JohnDory on November 12, 2018, 08:20:44 AM

Any chance of a fix ?
Sorry or the delay. But the error messages you are showing here are NOT critical to the functionality of the engine. The error message is just a warning of a depreciated (soon to be disabled) function. I will look into the issue. Thank you for the information.

Krillin
Wow, this proved to be an easy fix. The first error was simple, but with nothing to work with, I cannot be certain this fix will work. Basically this is broken down to the fact that in PHP7 Class and Functions cannot have the same name, so the function was shortened and renamed being as a function is set on a per mod bases where as a class is a variable set globally so changing the function name should prove to be harmless.

As for the second issue listed here indicates an issue with php.ini which is the server configuration of the timezone. This is not an error I can address using a module. The coding is proper as it is used to generate a "timestamp" for when the logs were ran or updated. If you are on a host normally users can create their own php.ini files to set certain settings for their liking.

There needs to be more done to the code to bring this module up to date and bring the browser rendering up to HTML5 standards. So please give me some time to address this last part so that I can post the v0.49 accoridingly.

vsp_core_v0.49 to be published with these addressed. If there are any issues please let me know and I will address them, if the problem is solved, please mark this [SOLVED] in the title. If I do not hear back within a month, I will make this change myself.

Best Reagrds,
Krillin

Krillin

So I thought this was a simple fix, but it was the wrong fix. This has been fully addressed properly according to PHP 7 documentation regarding this issue. Though Class and Function still cannot have the same names, there is a right fix for this and it has been implemented in V.S.P. v0.50 properly along with a lot of other fixes.

Thanks.